Sustainability Core Principles
Students in the Sustainability Certificate strive to
- develop the ability to analyze the interdependence of social, economic, and ecological systems.
- develop an understanding, through community engagement, of the relationships between various cultures and the ways they interact with surrounding environments.
- understand the interconnected nature of sustainability challenges by harnessing knowledge across disciplines.
- create and maintain real-world solutions to sustainability challenges using problem-solving skills gained in the program.
- gain a local and global perspective that promotes and nurtures empathy, awareness, and a scholarly sense of responsibility.